Facts you must know…
(1). Akwa Ibom State is the emerging football capital in Nigeria.
(2) Governor Udom Emmanuel has attracted the highest Foreign Direct Investments to the State than any other state only second to Lagos.
(3). Governor Emmanuel is running governance with a business orientation based on international best practice. So government expects high revenue turnover from projects with huge volume of investments like Le Meridien Hotel and Golf Resort and the Ibom Specialist hospital.
(4) Akwa Ibom is on a developmental trajectory and construction trajectory, so development partners need to interface with government and look at our development and construction Road map to avoid haphazard work and keep to standard and specifications.
(6) Akwa Ibom State is the fastest growing economy emerging into an industrial hub of Nigeria.
(7) Akwa Ibom is undertaking the construction of No. 1 seaport on the coast of West Africa, the Ibaka deep seaport. Already contract has been awarded for construction of the Ibaka Super high way.
(8) Akwa Ibom State government is operating a free and compulsory basic education. School. Any form of levy is illegal. The state spends over N600 million annually on WAEC fees.
(9) , Akwa Ibom State is a gigantic construction site, home to high profile industries like the Jubilee Syringe, the largest Syringe factory in Africa, the digital Metering Solutions factory, the Pencil factory which is supplying pencils to 2 states of the federation and many others.
(10) Governor Udom Emmanuel is people-orinted. He has paid Civil Servants salaries up-to-date, when so many other states are owing backlog of unpaid salaries and is providing free medicare to 3 categories of people in the state (childelren 0-5 yrs; Pregnant women and the aged)
= HC Information & Strategy, Charles Udoh on Inspiration FM Live interview